Here is my 6-step morning routine (in order)! This is a routine that works for me and keeps my teeth and gums healthy! All products that I use are linked below! *Some links are affiliate links.
1. Rinse with antiseptic mouthwash: I do this for 60 seconds as a prep for my routine. I only use alcohol-free mouthwash!
2. Floss with black expanding floss: Studies show the flossing BEFORE brushing removes more plaque! I use expanding floss because it covers more surface area for an effective clean. The color black also helps you see better when you floss!
3. Brush with electric toothbrush + xylitol toothpaste: An electric toothbrush removes plaque and bacteria better than a manual toothbrush. I use xylitol whitening toothpaste. Xylitol helps to prevent cavities and the whitening ingredients help protect against the formation of surface stains.
4. Use tongue scraper: I’m currently using a stainless steel tongue scraper but the plastic ones work great for keeping the tongue clean as well. Your tongue should be pink (not white).
5. Rinse with zinc mouthwash: Using a mouthwash that contains zinc gluconate helps to prevent bad breath and tartar buildup.
6. Take oral probiotics: This should be your final step! Oral probiotics help balance the pH in your mouth by adding good bacteria. With consistent use and proper oral hygiene, bad breath will be a thing of the past!